A new ACCA report Groundbreakers: Gen Z and the future of accountancy surveyed 9,000 Gen Z respondents (people born between 1995 and 2010) around the world about the issues that give them most concern, how these may be influencing what they want from their careers, what attracts them to employers, and their views on business and the impact of Covid-19.
- Gen Z’s biggest worries are about job security and wellbeing.
- They value employers that offer opportunities to acquire skills and a good work-life balance.
- Those already in employment want progression fast, and many expect to have portfolio careers.
- Digital natives see the tech opportunity but worry about their own jobs.
- They express doubts over the role of business.
- A career in accountancy is seen as attractive and a gateway to opportunity.